This post may contain affiliate links which may help us earn money to support the Pursuit of Happiness. If you choose to use them we thank you for the support!#BetterLateThanNever Click To Tweet
Contents for March 2017 Blog Numbers
- Blog Numbers sharing post – Round Three!
- Interested in our Twitter Stats?
- At a Glance
- The Details
Blog Numbers sharing post – Round Three!
While January was a huge improvement from December and February was a short month, we still saw an increase! Thank you!
OKAY, SO HERE ARE THE GOOGLE ANALYTIC NUMBERS FOR March 2017.
Sessions : 1427 | | This is an 8% increase from February | Increased ✔
Total number of Sessions within the date range. A session is the period time a user is actively engaged with your website, app, etc. All usage data (Screen Views, Events, Ecommerce, etc.) is associated with a session.
Users : 951 | | A 1% decrease from February | Decreased X
Users that have had at least one session within the selected date range. Includes both new and returning users.
Pageviews : 3,519 | | This is a whopping 39% decrease… Hmm… | Decreased X
Pageviews is the total number of pages viewed. Repeated views of a single page are counted.
Pages / Session : 2.47 | | -43% less (this was actually expected since we ran the daily Happiness Month posts during March, so there was fewer reasons to visit multiple pages each session) | Decreased X
Pages/Session (Average Page Depth) is the average number of pages viewed during a session. Repeated views of a single page are counted.
Bounce Rate : 53% | |1,159% Increase! Whoah! but also expected | Increased X
Bounce Rate is the percentage of single-page visits (i.e. visits in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page).
% New Sessions: 61% | | 13% decrease, This is actually a huge dissapointment.. I was really hoping to get a large increase of new users due to all the cross marketing with other sites, and while there was definately new users – it wasn’t as many as I’d hoped for | Decreased X
An estimate of the percentage of first time visits.
March 20th (International Day of Happiness) was the day with the most visits. Not really suprising there since this month was all about it!
Top Social Referrer
Twitter takes the gold for March!
Introducing: Top Website Referrer
March’s Top Four most Popular Pages with View Count:
Interested in our Twitter Stats?
I decided to continue sharing the Twitter activities because its just so exciting to share the results of one’s efforts!
At a Glance
March 2017 – Summary
Tweets | 490 | Tweet impressions | 104K | Profile visits | 6,433 | Mentions | 158 | New followers | 929
I’ve given up on the 28 day summary graph and will just post the numbers from the month! Yay for numbers people!
Tweets | 677 | Tweet impressions | 65.2K | Profile visits | 3,132 | Mentions | 128 | New followers | 299
Tweets : 556 | Tweet impressions : 45.2K | Profile visits : 2,350 | Mentions : 75 | New followers : 231
- SNAP (Social Networks Auto Poster): This plugin has been very helpful for sending out new posts automatically to not only Twitter. We configured the tweet to include a shortened URL from Rebrandly using the domain we purchased from GoDaddy and learned how to use UTM parameters to track website visits from these tweets.
- Disclaimer* Lest you think the Twitter account is mainly automated, each morning and evening we are active on twitter itself and have been able to connect with some wonderful people this way. In fact, this was the primary contact source for many of the bloggers in our Days of Happiness Celebrations!
Plans moving forward:
- TPOHappiness had over 6k profile visits but the website again had significantly less than that in new sessions over the same period. We need to determine how to better drive traffic from our Twitter profile to the website, still. Hmm…
Okay, so this is the final March 2017 Twitter Summary. We had significant growth from February! Yippee!
- We averaged over 207 Profile visits and over 3.3k tweet impressions each day
- The Top Tweet earned 10.7k Impressions
— Pursuit of Happiness (@TPOHappiness) March 10, 2017
Well, that’s it for Twitter so far. What do you think, did we do okay for this month on Twitter? Is that where you found us? Let us know in the comments below.
Don’t have the Twitter mobile app? Download it on the App Store.
P.S. If you would, share us via the buttons below I’m working on some event tracking metrics 😉 – thanks for the continued support!