Contents for Days of Happiness: Day Two
- It’s Day Two of the Days of Happiness Celebrations!
- Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
- Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
- Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
- Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
- What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
- How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
- How important is health and wellness to happiness?
- What has been the happiest moment in your life?
- Do you have any specific goals or resolutions for 2017? If so, would your share your top two that directly relate to your own Pursuit of Happiness?
- Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
- What 2 things have you learned in your own pursuit that you would like to share with others?
- If you could recommend only three websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
- What is your blog/website address and theme (if you want to share) for 2017?
- Need more Happy?
It’s Day Two of the Days of Happiness Celebrations!
The 30 days of Happy Thoughts series is inspired by the International Day of Happiness (March 20th, 2017).
Today’s Motivational Video
Today’s Happy Thought
Are you working for the weekend?
If so, why?
In a previous post, we spoke about the importance of being Intentional in your Pursuit and I even shared a little bit about some my own decisional struggles I was having at that time while trying to keep the proper positive focus. So far, its turned out A-Okay and I’m very happy with the decision. Are you?
Today’s reminder is to evaluate your intentions.
National Nutrition Month® Tidbits
Did you know that March is also National Nutrition Month®? Eating healthy is important to your happiness too!
Check out this week’s game here.
Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
Happiness to me is a sense of pure freedom, the ability to live life on my own terms. This includes traveling and experiencing different cultures and regions.
Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
I believe it’s both. On the one hand, you are what you think, so happiness is a state of mind that you can actively exercise. On the other hand, you can experience simple joy from your environment without having to flex your mind to induce it.
Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
I believe that being happy is important, however I do not believe that I’m entitled to happiness. It’s important to be happy (not all the time) because it means life is exciting, fulfilling, and purposeful. It’s also ok to be unhappy occasionally, as it brings some perspective.
What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
The lack of genuine freedom.
How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
I believe they play an important role. Their only purpose is to facilitate the achievement of freedom.
How important is health and wellness to happiness?
It’s important to the extent it restricts freedom.
What has been the happiest moment in your life?
There have been many moments in my life that I’ve appreciated and taken joy from. It’s difficult to pinpoint one specific one since they’re ephemeral.
One of the goals I set in 2017 was to be more compassionate; the other was the creation and maintenance of my own blog for at least 1 year.
Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
I believe that giving and charity is a very personal decision, for many it brings joy and satisfies a deep personal desire. I do not derive happiness from simply giving, so it is not an important part of my own pursuit. I’m sure this is a very taboo thing to admit, but it’s the truth. I’m not opposed to giving when it solves a problem, however I don’t support the practice when it merely treats a symptom or when it becomes a psychological fulfillment for the giver.
Happiness cannot be forced, it needs to happen naturally. It’s also a very personal emotion/state that cannot be compared from one individual to another. Focus on creating an environment where happiness can thrive, and enjoy the moments as they materialize.
– The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. This is a great book in general to lead a successful life.
– Blink: The Power of Thinking without Thinking (or any other Malcolm Gladwell book). Really fascinating insights into human psychology and our world.
– The Simple Path to Wealth. Must read for anyone looking to take control of their financial destiny
Theme: Optimizing your finances so you can have more freedom to pursue your happy place (for us it’s travel)
Another huge THANK YOU to Max from maxyourfreedom.com for sharing with us insight into his pursuit!
I loved that you pointed out the need for creating an environment where happiness can thrive. Its so true! Surrounding ourselves with negativity can be very harmful to our pursuit.
Need more Happy?
Check out TPOH.NEWS featuring Happiness Articles from around the web.