Contents for Days of Happiness: Day Twenty-Six
- Days of Happiness: Day Twenty-Six
- Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
- Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
- Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
- Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
- What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
- How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
- How important is health and wellness to happiness?
- What has been the happiest moment in your life?
- Do you have any specific goals or resolutions for 2017? If so, would your share your top two that directly relate to your own Pursuit of Happiness?
- Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
- What 2 things have you learned in your own pursuit that you would like to share with others?
- If you could recommend only three websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
- What is your blog/website address and theme (if you want to share) for 2017?
- Need more Happy?
Days of Happiness: Day Twenty-Six
The 30 days of Happy Thoughts series is inspired by the International Day of Happiness (March 20th, 2017).
Today’s Motivational Video
Today’s Happy Thought
National Nutrition Month® Tidbits
March is also National Nutrition Month®! Eating healthy is important to your happiness too!
Check out this week’s game here.
Check out this week’s NNM video here.
Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
Happiness means enjoying the moment. It doesn’t matter what you are doing in a given moment but that you are enjoying it. It’s that feeling when you are doing something that you never want it to end. Like you could go on doing it for days without even considering stopping. That’s my happiness, enjoying the moment
Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
It’s both and it’s entirely controllable. Though it’s easier said than done. You can be in a very tough situation but still be happy enough to enjoy the fact that you are being challenged. Then there are times where you could be doing nothing and all of a sudden a wave of happiness can rush over you. Maybe that’s just a shift of mind that I’m not aware of in the moment but I believe it’s both.
Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
My happiness is of the utmost importance. I have organized my life around my happiness. Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. But I’m aware of what makes me happy and what doesn’t I’ve minimized the things in my life that make me unhappy and done my best to bring as many things into my life that make me happy.
What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
Negative people. They will suck the ever-loving joy out of a room if you let them. You have to protect yourself with these people and guard your thoughts. I have very little (ok no) time for negative people in my life. There’s no point. The only time to be around negative people is to serve as the occasional reminder that “Oh right, I’m happy I’m not like that guy”
How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
Extremely important! Though how you and I define wealth is probably very different. Money is a part of it sure. But there is more to wealth than money. Having a great family life, great friends and your health are all factors I want to have increasing wealth.
How important is health and wellness to happiness?
Extremely, though I’ll be the first to admit, sometimes it’s neglected when I’m busy. In fact, it’s usually the first thing to go when time becomes a premium. Something to work on.
What has been the happiest moment in your life?
So far it was when my children were born. Life changes in that moment, when you realize your life is no longer about you. Every time I think of my kids I smile and warmth comes over my soul. It’s a very nice feeling.
My goal is to walk 100,000 steps in a day. I did 50,000 steps and it’s just something I need to try for. As for resolutions, I’m trying to enjoy the journey more and help others improve their lives.
Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
Yes, I find that when you give you get more back, not so much in money but in positive feelings.
You are responsible for your happiness. It lives inside you and it’s yours to bring up, keep and show to the world. No one else controls it but you.
Smile. Do it as much as possible. Smile at strangers and friends we all want to be happy and your smile can do more than words in many situations.
If you could recommend only three websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
My site is FamilyMoneyPlan.com where we help people take control of their finances by focusing on earning and saving more money.