This post may contain affiliate links which may help us earn money to support the Pursuit of Happiness. If you choose to use them we thank you for the support!
Contents for Days of Happiness: Day One
- Days of Happiness: Day One
- Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
- Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
- Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
- Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
- What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
- How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
- How important is health and wellness to happiness?
- What has been the happiest moment in your life?
- Do you have any specific goals or resolutions for 2017? If so, would your share your top two that directly relate to your own Pursuit of Happiness?
- Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
- What 2 things have you learned in your own pursuit that you would like to share with others?
- If you could recommend websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
- What is your blog/website address and theme (if you want to share) for 2017?
- Need more Happy?
Days of Happiness: Day One
The 30 days of Happy Thoughts series is inspired by the International Day of Happiness (March 20th, 2017).
Today’s Motivational Video
To kick us off, check out this short and sweet motivational video.
Today’s Happy Thought
Oh, and did you know that rhinos are simply chubby unicorns?
I’ve had an epiphany. Rhinos ? are chubby Unicorns ? pic.twitter.com/adBXXxADnY
— TPOHappiness (@TPOHappiness) February 19, 2017
National Nutrition Month® Tidbits
March is also National Nutrition Month®? Eating healthy is important to your happiness too!
Check out this week’s game.
And now what I know you have all been waiting for, our very first interview about Happiness.
Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
Happiness means waking up everyday genuinely thankful for what you get to do for a living, who you get to spend your time with, and grateful for the opportunity to see another day.
Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
I believe happiness is a choice. Therefore I believe it is a general state of mind. You do not have to be emotionally happy 100% of the time to be a happy person in my opinion.
Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
Yes. I feel that to live a fully functioning healthy life, happiness must be a major part of it.
What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
I do not feel that I have many barriers that can not be crossed, however, I still have daily moments that I lose track of my perspective and think of my life as “unhappy,” though it’s always momentary.
How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
To me personally wealth is not necessary for happiness. However, I truly believe that money can give you options which can lead to happiness.
How important is health and wellness to happiness?
Extremely important. I value my health and work on it daily with my exercise and eating.
What has been the happiest moment in your life?
I’ve had many, but up to this point it was the day I got engaged.
My number one goal is to save money for a house. This is an attainable monetary goal. Personally I’d simply like to spend more time with friends and family and value that time, as it gets more sparse as I grow older and friends and family scatters.
Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
Yes, it gives perspective.
I have learned that I am very lucky. I won the lottery being born in the United States, growing up in a two parent home, in the area of the country I did. I have greater perspective on this as I’ve grown up.
I’ve also really learned that happiness is a choice, I truly believe this!
If you could recommend websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
The Total Money Makeover-Dave Ramsey-This book changed my life and got me to financial freedom
To Kill a Mockingbird-My favorite book ever–a great look at our culture and society
This is my new personal finance blog where I will share my strategies for destroying debt and becoming financially independent. This will be looked at through a lens of a common person facing real world common problems with money!
A huge THANK YOU to Kyle over at DollarDiligence.com for sharing with us a brief insight into his own pursuit and for reminding us that happiness is a choice.
I will #ChooseHappiness Today! Thank you @dollardiligence Click To Tweet
Well, that’s it for Day One. See? I promised it would be short and sweet. Check back tomorrow for Day Two, we have some good things planned.
Need more Happy?
Check out TPOH.NEWS featuring Happiness Articles from around the web.