This post may contain affiliate links which may help us earn money to support the Pursuit of Happiness. If you choose to use them we thank you for the support!
Contents for Days of Happiness: Day Nine
- Days of Happiness: Day Nine
- Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
- Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
- Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
- Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
- What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
- How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
- How important is health and wellness to happiness?
- What has been the happiest moment in your life?
- Do you have any specific goals or resolutions for 2017? If so, would your share your top two that directly relate to your own Pursuit of Happiness?
- Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
- What 2 things have you learned in your own pursuit that you would like to share with others?
- If you could recommend only three websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
- What is your blog/website address and theme (if you want to share) for 2017?
- Need more Happy?
Days of Happiness: Day Nine
The 30 days of Happy Thoughts series is inspired by the International Day of Happiness (March 20th, 2017).
Today’s Motivational Video
Today’s Happy Thought
National Nutrition Month® Tidbits
March is also National Nutrition Month®! Eating healthy is important to your happiness too!
Check out this week’s game here.
Check out this week’s NNM video here.
Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
Happiness (to me) is the ability to have gratitude, contentment and joy in the present moment.
Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
I believe happiness is a state of mind. This is a tweet that I posted last June.
— Conston Taylor (@taylormade2k) June 20, 2016
It has received over 1700 retweets. It says “you cannot control what happens to you, but your attitude towards what happens to you.” I believe that with all my heart.
Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
No I don’t. Do I like being happy? Yes! Do I love the feeling? Yes! However I think happiness is a selfish act. It focuses the attention on myself. I feel more fulfilled when I am thinking about how I can help others and humanity. When I am making a difference in the world and other peoples lives then I experience a sense of fulfillment and joy. And this makes me happy.
What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
Everything is a state of mind. Many people become wealthy after they stop chasing money. I think a fundamental barrier to happiness in my life is when I pursue happiness itself. When I take my mind off of wanting to be happy and focus on how I can make an impact then I ultimately find happiness in the pursuit of worthy goals.
How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
My lower self says that it is very important. However my higher self knows differently. This is why it is important to govern myself from my higher self and not the self that wants to chase dollars to the exclusion of everything else.
How important is health and wellness to happiness?
I believe this is very important. Health and wellness affects the quality of all the other things in your life.
What has been the happiest moment in your life?
The happiest moment in my life is right now. The miracle that is happening at this moment. This eliminates the pursuit. If you are always chasing something then you never achieve it. When you do then it is usually an empty feeling. If I set my mind to the fact that there is no moment in my life that is more important than right now then it stands to reason that right now is always going to be the happiest moment of my life. This has the effect of achieving the happiness and eliminating the need to pursue something that has been with me all along.
I don’t do resolutions. #Goal #1 Double the size of my business #2 Spend more time with the people that I love.
Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
If you give a man a fish…. (you know the rest). I am not convinced of the effectiveness of charities as a whole although I believe in the concept of giving. However I am more concerned with and believe it is more valuable to develop skills with others and to impart within them wisdom that will enable them to do the things on their own. This way we are creating builders and thus reduces the need for ‘giving’.
#1 You cannot pursue happiness, you can only experience it. #2 The pursuit is an illusion to a destination that you may never reach if you pursue it in the traditional way.
If you could recommend only three websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
They all focus on self improvement, and contain actionable items and seeds of wisdom that can help you improve the overall quality of your life.