This post may contain affiliate links which may help us earn money to support the Pursuit of Happiness. If you choose to use them we thank you for the support!
Contents for Days of Happiness: Day Fifteen
- Days of Happiness: Day Fifteen
- Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
- Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
- Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
- Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
- What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
- How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
- How important is health and wellness to happiness?
- What has been the happiest moment in your life?
- Do you have any specific goals or resolutions for 2017? If so, would your share your top two that directly relate to your own Pursuit of Happiness?
- Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
- What 2 things have you learned in your own pursuit that you would like to share with others?
- If you could recommend only three websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
- What is your blog/website address and theme (if you want to share) for 2017?
- Need more Happy?
Days of Happiness: Day Fifteen
The 30 days of Happy Thoughts series is inspired by the International Day of Happiness (March 20th, 2017).
Today’s Motivational Video
Today’s Happy Thought
National Nutrition Month® Tidbits
March is also National Nutrition Month®! Eating healthy is important to your happiness too!
Check out this week’s game here.
Check out this week’s NNM video here.
Day of Happiness Celebrations: Q&A
Happiness means different things to different people, what does Happiness mean to you?
Freedom! Happiness is being able to do what I want, when I want, with the people I love, without the restrictions of health or money.
Do you believe happiness is an emotion or more of a state of mind?
I consider it a state of mind and you need to look after it.
Do you consider being happy important to you? Why?
Yes, of course. I refuse to give in to depression so happiness is a personal goal of mine. Being happy reflects on others and brings up their mood as well. I want the people around me to be happy.
What do you consider a fundamental barrier to Happiness in your life?
Honestly, I find I am much happier when I’m taking time off work – without having to worry about money (holidays, for example). If I’m unemployed, I’m constantly worrying how I will get by. If I were financially independent, even barely, that would completely change my life.
How important is wealth and money to your own happiness?
It’s not the money itself, nor is it the ability to buy shiny things – it’s the liberating freedom of not having to worry about how you’re going to put food on the table or pay for the roof over your head. While more wealth will certainly make me happier, I am also working on bettering myself and improving my life now. There’s no better time than the present and you only live once so I’m trying to find balance.
How important is health and wellness to happiness?
Health is a structural pillar of happiness. I have chronic back pain which only gets worse when I sit down for 8 hours a day. The constant pain affects my mental health and tends to cause depression so yes, it’s very important.
What has been the happiest moment in your life?
When I once donated two male pandas to the zoo and got them to mate successfully.
- To remain employed and hit a net worth of $130K by the end of the year.
- To use my phone less, stay away from politics, and be more active – including more sports!!
Sports make me happy. I am competitive.
Do you consider giving to others or charity work an important part of your own Pursuit and why?
No – I applied to work at a charity once and learned just how much goes to the higher-up employees and just how little goes to those in need. As for giving to others, I need to secure my own wealth before I can help others.
First: enjoy the little things. After working in an office dungeon I’ve learned to really appreciate sunshine.
Second: money doesn’t buy happiness. Be smart with your money, and enjoy yourself in moderation!
If you could recommend only three websites/books/articles to anyone reading this, what would they be, and why?
Forums. Jump on those and seek out some unbiased opinions on anything and everything.
TheWealthyBogan.com – I’m a rich man in a poor man’s body. Aiming for financial independence by 30, and having fun along the way.
Need more Happy?
Check out TPOH.NEWS featuring Happiness Articles from around the web